Welcome to the Orlando Camera Club Community Services information page. The Orlando Camera Club believes in giving back to the community by donating its time and talents to non/not for profit organizations in need of photography services.
Please note that submitting a request is not a guarantee of provision of services, however, we will do our best to provide any help we can depending on the availability of volunteers as well as other prior/competing commitments. Requests should be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the event.
2018 American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure – March 25th
- Event will be held at Lake Nona Town Center, 6900 Tavistock Lakes Blvd, Orlando, FL
- First check in is at 6:30 a.m. with last rider expected to return about 6 p.m., 2nd at 8:30 and final at 9
- 1500 participants are expected
- Photographers are requested for the start, finish and along the route during as much of the day as possible
- Shifts are an option
- photographers will receive a volunteer shirt and lunch at the start and finish location
Southeastern Guide Dogs, Orlando Walk- A -Thon April 7th
- Crane’s Roost in Altamonte Springs.
- Proceeds help provide service dogs for those with vision difficulties and veteran’s with PTSD at no charge.
- Activities begin at 8:30 with the plan to be finished about noon.
2018 Full Scale Multi County Emergency Exercise – April 12
- photographers needed for multiple sites including ORMC (4), Arnold Palmer Hospital (2), Dr. Phillips(2), South Seminole (2), Health Central (2) and South Lake Hospital (2)
- photographers document emergency personal as they enact caring for victims of an emergency situation such as a plane crash, bombing etc. (victims are in makeup and as realistic as possible)
- Multiple photos are taken throughout the exercise of patients arriving, being decontaminated, triaged and treated.
- drill is from 8 – noon. Photos document staff participating in drill to determine what went right and what can be improved. Minimal editing is needed. Photos will be in Jpeg format.
April 22nd – Central Florida MSD (Margaret Stoneman Douglas) Alumni 5 k remembrance Race
- April 22nd at 7 a.m.
- UCF Memory Mall
- Proceeds benefit those recovering emotionally and physically from the Stoneman Douglas Tragedy
April 28th – Future Hero Fun
- The Children’s Safety Village of Central Florida is holding a Future Heroes Fun Run for children age 3 and up on April 28th.
- Children will race through the village in their favorite Super Hero costumes.
- There will be safety classes throughout the event.
- It will be held at 910 Fairvilla Road in Orlando. The event begins at 9 a.m.
If you are interested in volunteering or have questions please email the community services chairperson at
2018 Head 4 The Cure 5K
Thank you to Jack Zhu for taking the time to photograph the 2018 Head 4 the Cure 5K race this past Saturday. Great job.
Additional photos can be found by following the photo links at the bottom of the page.
2018 Alpha Kappa Alpha Founder’s Day Lunch
Thank you to Roza Nejad, Cliff Morris and Cyril Desmond for the wonderful photos they took at the Founder’s Day lunch. You hard work is much appreciated.
Photos can be found by following the photo links at the bottom of the page
2017 Lion of Judah Fashion Gala
Thank you to Cyril Desmond for taking the time to photograph the Lion of Judah Fashion Gala. He did a great job and photos can be found by following the photo links at the bottom of the page.
2017 Let’s Say Grace
Thank you to Matt Klinger, Rita Ritner, Dale and LeeAnn Curtin, and Holly and Murray Wilton for helping me with photos for Let’s Say Grace Nov 11th. It was a great night and a very worthy cause.
To view additional photos click on the link to the Community Services photo page below.
Volunteer Photography Request Form
The Orlando camera Club (OCC) considers any services its club members provide an “in-kind” donation to your organization/event. Time at events is valued at $75.00/hour/photographer.
Please submit all requests a minimum of 30 days in advance. Photo assistance can not be guaranteed. We will try our best to provide any help we can. Help will depend on the photographers availability and other needs/organization activities that may be in conflict with the date/time of your event.
Note: Photos taken at events may appear on the Orlando Camera Club website unless otherwise indicated by the person/organization making the request for services.